Position: Program Director
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Supervisor: DBP Executive Director
The Program Director is an integral part of the Downtown Bozeman Partnership LLC (DBP). The organizations served by the DBP include the Business Improvement District (BID), the Urban Renewal District (URD) and the Downtown Bozeman Association (DBA). The Program Director must uphold each member organizations’ missions and goals. The Program Director reports to the Downtown Bozeman Partnership Executive Director.
Business Improvement District (BID) Mission
The BID is an organization of downtown property owners who through thoughtful, pro-active collaboration and partnership with local government, business owners, residents and citizens strive to create a shared vision and voice for the community of downtown Bozeman. The BID will commit resources, identify, plan and act on short-term and long-term initiatives otherwise unavailable to individual owners. The BID has a goal of ensuring the long-term preservation and vitality of the city’s underlying economic, cultural, social, and environmental assets and the BID will work together to keep our downtown a safe, beautiful and vibrant place.
Downtown Bozeman Association (DBA) Mission
The purpose of the Downtown Bozeman Association (DBA) is to promote Downtown Bozeman as a center of business, culture, and entertainment. Conduct and promote activities and events that build a strong local economy and contribute to the well-being, growth, and vitality of downtown Bozeman.
Urban Renewal District (URD) Mission
The downtown Bozeman URD will foster an economically thriving district that attracts investment, stabilizes, and strengthens the tax base, and supports the vitality and diversity of the Gallatin Valley as its social and cultural center.
The primary responsibility of the Program Director is to assure the economic, cultural, and historical well-being of Downtown Bozeman through programming, events and marketing.
Downtown Bozeman Partnership
• Coordinate with the Executive Director to hire, supervise and review the DBP Operations Manager
• Work to improve the overall quality of the DBP media and public outreach efforts
• Coordinate the implementation of the communications plan
• Support implementation of the current Downtown Improvement Plan
Downtown Business Association
• Assist the Executive Director to develop and implement annual work plan and budget
• Work with board of directors and board committees on programs and finances
• Plan, organize, and execute all DBA events
• Manage and grow business memberships and member benefit programs
• Oversee member and constituent communications platforms and media
• Administer promotional programs such as overstreet banners and Downtown Dollars
• Present “crossover” issues, ideas, and projects to other downtown boards
• Establish good working relationships and maintain consistent communication with downtown business owners
• Engage community partners regarding downtown events and marketing
• Maintain business member database
• Prepare monthly agenda work with Executive Director on program and finance reports and for the DBA Board
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrate professional writing skills with a variety of applications: newsletters, press releases, grant writing, campaign appeals, etc.
• Engage in effective public speaking to clearly communicate with stakeholder groups, government officials and the media.
• Possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, board members, government officials, stakeholders, and citizens.
• Display proficiency using technology such as new media, computers, relevant software, and office equipment.
• Possess the ability to collaborate with a broad range of partners from diverse business and political backgrounds.
• This position requires at least 3 years work experience managing a staff for a community or non-profit organization.
• Direct experience with organizing community events and coordinating marketing strategies is strongly encouraged.
• A four-year college degree is preferred but may be substituted with a combination of work experience and education that closely matches the job requirements
• Some night and weekend availability needed, based on event schedules
• Ability to drive ATV and have valid driver’s license
• Must be able to lift a minimum 40 pounds
Salary and Benefits:
• $48,000+/yr. Base Salary (DOE)
• Simple IRA Match
• Paid Time Off and Holidays
• Employer Paid Healthcare for Employee and Spouse + Monthly HSA Contributions
• Annual Cell Phone Stipend
Send cover letter, resume and references to Ellie Staley firstname.lastname@example.org / 406-586-4008. Application Deadline: Monday, May 23Back to Downtown Jobs