The Downtown Bozeman Association, Downtown Bozeman art galleries, and retailers and Emerson Center for the Arts and Culture are proud to present this summer’s Downtown Bozeman Art Walks. The Art Walks occur on the 2nd Friday of the month; June through September and again for our “Winter” Art Walk in December from 6 to 8PM in Downtown Bozeman. The businesses and galleries generally feature artists’ openings and receptions during the event and often provide complimentary hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. The REMAINING 2018 Art Walk dates are: September 14 & December 14.
CLICK HERE for the 2018 Art Walk Map or available at any of the participating businesses below. Also, CLICK HERE to check out our MT360 Art Walk 2018 Virtual Tour!!!
Participating Businesses and varied openings and exhibits for September are included below:
- Alara Jewelry
- Altitude Gallery
- Artists’ Gallery has 3 featured artists for the September Art Walk. Grace Dyk represents the rural Gallatin Valley in vivid color with oil and watercolor; LeeAnn Galusha creates detailed work from hand-dyed pine needles, inspired by taking something from nature and transforming it into art. Oil painter Linda Williams creates atmospheric scenes of both still lives and the Western Landscape.
- Berkshire HomeServices Montana Properties will be featuring artist Susan Stevens.
- Boho Boze
- Bozeman Spirits Distillery
- Cello is featuring Bozeman's own - Sarah Angst!
- Constructive Solutions, Inc.
- Country Bookshelf
- CTA Architects Engineers
- D'Ardenne Photography is featured at Blend, Bozeman’s newest tasting room also featuring Valo Cellars wine.
- Ecce Gallery is featuring encaustic paintings by Adair Peck. This is her 2018 series and she will be doing an artist reception! Check out their artist interview on their website and facebook page.
- Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture (including the Jessie Wilber, Weaver Room and Front Lobby Galleries) is featuring an opening reception and art walk from 5 - 8 PM. Meet the artists, view other exhibits throughout the building and enjoy refreshments. Featuring works by: Bille Rose Agee, June Billings Safford, Larry Blackwood, Susan Blackwood, Collette Brooks Hops, Ashley Brown, Duncan Bullock, Kathy Burk, Melissa Dawn, Loretta Domaszewski, Kelsey Dzintars, Rebecca Joy, Larry Poole, Susan Pruett, Bill Rea, Sonja Stebe, William Stebe, Eileen Tenny, Shirle Wempner.
- Engel & Völkers Bozeman is featuring FlyFreeDesigns and Mary Gammill Art. According to FlyFree, “I want to create jewelry that is made with a fierce intention that stands in solidarity with the complexities of what it means to be woman." Mary also states, “I'm drawn in by bold color and simplicity. I use inks to try to recreate the feeling that color evokes in me. 'Colour is a means of exerting influence in the soul.' W. Kandinsky"
- ERA Landmark is featuring Joe McHugh has enjoyed drawing and painting his whole life and painted most of the work for this show plein air (outside) in western Montana. He enjoys fishing and travel and is a Spanish teacher at Bozeman High school.
- Evrgreen Four Winds Gallery is featuring work by Gabrielle Lewis.
- The Gem Gallery is featuring artist Brett McGinley. Brett is Bozeman born and raised - has always had a talent and desire for all art medias. He is known for incredible airbrush and pinstripe work on cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more - operating out of his local custom hot rod shop, McGinley Motorsports. His sculptures feature a real likeness to subjects - keen eye for details and emotions show in all of the cast pieces.
- Hattie Rex
- Head West
- Intrigue Ink
- Liv Lively Salon & Boutique
- Lockhorn Hard Cider
- Marina Kessler Jewelry is featuring Montana Sapphires with an array of colors available inside the studio!
- Meridian Boutique is featuring artist, Jolene Balyeat Designs, Jolene Balyeat is located right here in Bozeman, MT. An artist who designs home decor, notecards, gifts, stationary, fabric, gift wrap, and many other beautiful creations. She's determined to make the world a more beautiful place one gift at a time. Visit jbalyeat.com for more info
- Miller’s Jewelry is hosting our Annual Yogo Sapphire Event. Don’t miss this one!
- Montana Gift Corral is proud to host and feature Dean Crouser. He will be in the store discussing his unique watercolor and functional art. Dean Crouser is one of our most popular artists that Montana Gift Corral carries in every format--wall art, ceramics, paper and tableware.
- Montana Silversmiths
- Montana Trails Gallery introduces a Tribute to the West. Join us down for a visit during the Art Walk. New works by contemporary artists Michael Blessing, Greg Kelsey, and Beth Loftin, all influenced by living in the west. MTG is looking forward to a fall change in the gallery and another Downtown Bozeman Artwalk!
- Old Main Gallery is pleased to announce the Opening for “Ambiance,” by Bruce Park. Ambience features new works by Bruce Park. This exhibition is an example of how Park honors the subject of landscape through pastel paintings which convey unexpected and wonderful relationships with the world. Each painting, becoming a mediation on the relationships between light, beauty and the sublime.
- Onyx Studio
- Rare Bird
- Revolvr Menswear is featuring artist Claire Kleese.
- The Rialto is featuring The Rat Trap Clay Club. It was formed in Bozeman, Montana by a group of artists with the common interest of making ceramic objects through a communal collaborative process. Our goal is to build a creative community with a sincere interest in using clay to create authentic work that conveys personal, political and cultural narratives.
- Schnee’s Boots and Shoes
- S.L.A.M. Gallery (inside Stuffed)
- Tripp Studio in the Emerson featuring New palette-knife oils by artist Kara Tripp. Refreshments 5-8:30pm www.TrippStudioBozeman.com
- Visions West Contemporary
A HUGE thank you to First Security Bank for supporting our Art Walk musicians. While you stroll from gallery to gallery, you will be able to enjoy live jazz and rock music played by young musicians from the area. You can find these artists, ensembles and/or bands at the following rotating locations: First Security Bank, US Bank, Soroptimist Park and the Emerson Center for Arts and Culture.
This FREE community event is brought to you by our gracious sponsors; Blackfoot, KBZK, XL Country 100.7, 95.1 The Moose, First Security Bank, Allegra Marketing, Print & Mail and The Bozeman Daily Chronicle. The Art Walks are open to the public and will go on rain or shine.