Upcoming Dates & Times
December 5, 2020 at 10:00am
December 12, 2020 at 10:00am
December 19, 2020 at 10:00am
Shop Small During Small Business Saturday on November 28 and EVERY Saturday Through the Holidays! Shop Early and Shop Local!
Since 2010, between Black Friday and Cyber Monday sits “Small Business Saturday”, a day dedicated to helping small businesses and their communities. This year it is more important than ever that we show our support for our small businesses within our communities! They need you! It’s also important this year to have a plan for your holiday shopping and to start early. So, we’re encouraging Bozeman and beyond not only to Shop Small on Saturday November 28 and EVERY Saturday through this holiday season!
Shoppers, business owners, and organizations can come together to shop small online and at the local businesses that make our community unique. Because when they thrive, we all thrive. Let’s show them how much they mean to us and our community! Join us Bozeman on Saturday November 28 AND every Saturday through the holidays, let’s commit to support our community and SHOP SMALL!
Why Shop Small?
- 62% of U.S. Small Businesses reported they need to see consumer spending return by the end of 2020 in to stay in business.
- U.S. shoppers who shopped at independent retailers and restaurants on Small Business Saturday in 2019 reported spending a record high total of an estimated $19.6 billion. So, the sky is the limit in 2020!
- Seven in ten (70%) American adults reported being aware of the day
- 96% of respondents who shopped on Small Business Saturday agree that shopping at small, independently-owned businesses supports their commitment to making purchases that have a positive social, economic, and environmental impact
- 97% of consumers who shopped on Small Business Saturday agree that small businesses are essential to their community
- 95% of consumers who shopped on Small Business Saturday reported the day makes them want to shop or eat at small, independently-owned businesses all year long, not just during the holiday season
- In fact, for every dollar spent at a small business in the U.S., approximately 67 cents stays in the local community. So, when you Shop Small on Small Business Saturday—and all year long — you can help create a big impact.
How can you #ShopSmall on Small Business Saturday November 28 and EVERY Saturday through the holidays?
- Did you know our website, www.downtownbozeman.org houses over 350 different local business listings AND THEIR WEBSITES! Hop online and start and building your wish list for this Saturday and beyond! CLICK HERE for the official 2020 DTNBZN Wishlist.
- Go to your favorite businesses’ website or Facebook page for the most up to date information about purchasing a gift card, online shopping and in-person hours of operation! Businesses have gotten extremely creative to make it fast and easy for YOU to shop at their business!
- Use the following hashtags after your gift card, online or in-person purchases on @downtownbozeman or @johnbozeman on Facebook or Instagram to SHOW YOUR LOVE to our small businesses on November 28 or any Saturday! #ShopSmall #SmallBizSat #ShopLocal #downtownbozeman #loveDTNBZN
*Sources: Small Business Recovery Research, American Express, June 2020, The 2018 Small Business Economic Impact Study, amex.co/another-reason-shop-small, The 2019 Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey, www.shopsmall.com