Nonprofit organizations are invited to participate in the 43rd Annual Christmas Stroll as a “Nonprofit Activity Vendor” to help bring awareness to your organization as well as provide some holiday spirit to this extremely popular community event. Plans are already well underway for this annual event, which will take place on Saturday, December 2nd from 4:30-7:30 PM.
We have found that many Nonprofits are interested in participating in the Christmas Stroll to both raise funds and bringing awareness to their organization via crucial community outreach. Thus, we have developed a fun way for Nonprofits to get involved by providing an Activity during the Stroll along Main Street during the event!
To participate in the Christmas Stroll at a “Nonprofit Activity Vendor” you must do the following:
- Complete the Activity Vendor Application and review the Vendor Regulations below and pay the $75 Vendor Fee no later than Monday, November 13th.
- Develop a “Holiday Activity” that your Nonprofit organizes, facilitates, and provides to attendees during the event. This can be as simple as a “warming hut” to stop by to warm-up under a tent or next to a propane heater while collecting information about your nonprofit or can be as elaborate as a “Kid’s Holiday Play Area” with holiday-inspired games for kids to enjoy.
- There is a $75 Vendor Fee at the 2023 Christmas Stroll to help cover expenses accrued by the DBA to host this free community event. You are welcome to provide information materials at your booth area, swag items, as well as a “tip-jar” for attendees to give to as a thank-you for their participation in your activity.
- Nonprofit Activity Vendors and Food Vendors will be located on Main Street in line with the parking lanes on the north and south sides (NOT on the sidewalks). If your activity booth needs electricity, you must obtain permission from the business you will be located in front of. If you do not need electricity, please indicate your desired location we will work with you to be close to that location.
- To become a Nonprofit Activity Vendor, please complete the Nonprofit Activity Vendor Agreement Form below and read the regulations!
CHRISTMAS STROLL NONPROFIT ACTIVITY VENDOR REGULATIONS
The following regulations apply to all Nonprofit Activity Vendors participating in the 43rd Annual Christmas Stroll on December 2nd, 2023. Failure to comply will mean the vendor may not be able to participate in future events or in some cases, being shut down during the event.
- All Activity Vendors must be a Nonprofit organization. Nonprofits are welcome to team up with a for-profit entity or business to help with activity expenses and/or manpower; however, that for-profit business or entity is not allowed to have signage or information about their business visible during the event.
- There is a charge of $75 for all Nonprofit activity and food vendors at the Christmas Stroll to cover expenses accrued by the DBA to host this free community event. Please pay either online or via check by Monday, November 13th. Please note that due to the nature of this event, no refunds will be given.
- Activity Vendors are prohibited from selling or giving away food at your booth. You are welcome to have pre-packaged hot drinks only. Please note: food of any sort cannot be homemade or you will need to obtain a “Temporary Food Vendor License” and complete the Food Vendor Application.
- If you need power at your activity location, you must obtain permission from a business owner or manager to plug into their inside power source. Please email this permission to email@example.com.
- If you are using a generator, please indicate the business you wish to set up in front of. You must get in touch with them to notify them of your interest so that locations are not duplicated. Generators must be quiet and all cords must be covered by rugs or duct tape for ADA compliance. Do not block entry ways of businesses with your electrical equipment.
- No vehicles will be allowed to remain on the street during event hours. Vendors may drive their cars to their booths only during set up and tear down. Main Street will close at 3 PM to begin set-up and will re-open to traffic at 8:30 PM! Your booth must be set up no later than 4:30 PM for the start of the event; please do not set up any tables or equipment on Main Street past the dotted white parking lane line until after the Santa Parade passes by at approximately 4:45 PM.
- All Vendors must provide their own trash receptacles and are responsible for leaving their area clean at the conclusion of the event. Do not move the blue trash bins as they are strategically placed along Main Street and are not intended for individual vendor use.
- Please make sure your booth area is in the same condition when you leave as when you arrived. All debris will need to be removed so, plan to bring a broom.
- Any vendors having an open flame must cover it with a metal screen and put the flame out completely and take the remaining ashes with you. Do not, under any circumstances, empty ashes on to the street. You are required to have an ABC fire extinguisher and the open flame must not be left unattended. Our Fire Department recommends that you use a 4A:80B:C extinguisher.
IF YOU NEED TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR APPLICATION, YOU MUST RE-SUBMIT A NEW FORM no later than November 13th. Please do no submit changes/updates through email.
Please complete the Vendor Application below, review Vendor Regulations, and Pay the $75 Vendor Fee no later than Monday, November 13th. Please note that due to the nature of this event, no refunds will be given.
We look forward to working with you at this year’s Christmas Stroll. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.