UPDATE: We are pleased to announce we have selected 11 amazing artists and their art to REwrap the traffic signal cabinets. They will be REwrapped at end of July/early August. Stay tuned for the artist announcements! Thank you to all of the incredible artists who submitted proposals for this project.
Calling all artists! The project, called Downtown Bozeman REwrap, aims to enhance the natural beauty of Downtown Bozeman by rewrapping the traffic signal cabinets that were originally covered in 2011/2012 with vinyl wrap images of the selected art. The wrapping will be done by Bozeman-based Clean Slate Group, which has managed similar projects in places like Jackson Hole, WY; Anaheim, CA; Sioux Falls, SD; Savannah, GA; and many more.
Artwork Submission Guidelines
- Artists must reside in Gallatin, Madison and Park counties. All eligible applicants regardless of race, sex, religion, nationality, or disability will be considered. All ages are encouraged to apply!
- Subject matter of the artwork must be relevant and representative of the unique aspects of the Bozeman community.
- Designs must not be offensive or contain representation of traffic signals or signs.
- Designs may not be used to advertise or promote business, product, or viewpoint.
- In order to prevent vandalism, it is recommended to avoid large open areas in the design.
- Only original artwork is accepted. Artists may submit more than one proposal.
- Designs may not include any breach of intellectual property, trademarks, brands, images of illegal activity or involve the attachment of objects to the utility box.
Due Date: Art or photography must be submitted per guidelines no later than 5:00pm, May 5, 2023. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. It is the artists’ responsibility to confirm receipt of proposals.
- Initial art submissions should be sent in JPEG or PDF file types. Print quality artwork will be requested upon selection.
- Send files and questions to Ellie Staley, email@example.com or 406-586-4008. Please include “Downtown Bozeman REwrap” in the email subject.
- Artwork will be selected by a committee made up of Downtown Bozeman Partnership staff, Downtown Board Members, and City of Bozeman representatives.
- Artists will be notified by May 26, 2023 if their work is selected.
If your artwork is selected:
- Submit print quality artwork to Ellie Staley, firstname.lastname@example.org, in one of the following file types: JPEG, PDF, .ai, .psd, TIFF.
- If artwork files are too large to email, please send Dropbox or other file transfer link.
- Image resolution: Artwork/images must be a minimum of 200dpi @ 1/4 of final print size (final print size is typically around 30”x60”) or a minimum of 2,000 pixels at the widest or tallest point (depending on if the artwork is of vertical or horizontal orientation)
- Scanned artwork is preferred, but high quality photographs of flat artwork can be taken in neutral light and work well also.
Media Contact: Ellie Staley, Executive Director- Downtown Bozeman Partnership
email@example.com or 406-586-4008
Artists of selected artwork understand and agree to the following: Selected artwork will be digitally applied to anti-graffiti vinyl and wrapped on utility boxes that may be targeted by vandals. Art is applied to functioning equipment that may need repair or replacement. No guarantee is issued for location or longevity of display. Clean Slate Group may make adjustments to the finished piece to address installation challenges. No financial compensation.